Science & Plants for Schools
Science & Plants for Schools has a great Primary section of resources for you to use next time you teach a unit on plants. There are several downloadable booklets or resources on the following topics:
- Parts of a Plant and their functions
- Reproduction and Life Cycles – Parts of a flower – Pollination and Fertilisation
- Living processes, and what plants need to grow
- Grouping and Classification
- Plants in their Natural Environment
- Primary Numbers in Plants
The downloadable resources come in a combination of pdfs or word documents. There is also a ‘Beyond the Classroom’ and ‘Hints & Tips’ section where you will find helpful articles on additional activities you can do with your class or just advice on how to go about doing something, such as choosing suitable plants.
A very comprehensive and useful website.